The basic goal of RESTART® and Denise Smith, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner is to help people to become knowledgeable about (and responsible for) their own health, and to bring health to a personal optimal level. Nutritional Therapy is designed to improve your health, but it is not designed to treat any specific disease or medical condition. Reaching the goal of optimal health, absent of other non-nutritional complicating factors, requires a sincere commitment from you, possible lifestyle changes, and a positive attitude.
Denise Smith, the instructor, is engaged in the business of The RESTART® Program for the purpose of improving nutritional habits in order to improve health to participants.
Now, therefore, in consideration for the foregoing premises and other good and valuable considerations, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, it is agreed by and between the parties as follows:
You, the participant hereby engage the instructor for The RESTART® Program on the following terms and conditions hereinafter set forth.
HEALTH CONCERNS: If you suffer from a medical or pathological condition, you need to consult with an appropriate healthcare provider. The information provided to you by Denise Smith, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, is not a substitute for your family physician or other appropriate healthcare provider.
If you are under the care of a healthcare provider, it is important that you contact this provider and alert them to your use of nutritional protocols and/or supplements. Nutritional Therapy may be a beneficial adjunct to more traditional care, and it may also alter your need for medication, so it is important you always keep your physician informed of changes in your nutritional program.
If you are using medications of any kind, you are required to alert Denise Smith to such use, as well as to discuss any potential interactions between medications and nutritional products with your pharmacist or healthcare provider.
If you have any physical or emotional reaction to foods or supplements, discontinue use immediately, and contact Denise Smith to ascertain if the reaction is adverse or an indication of the natural course of the body’s adjustment to diet or nutritional therapy.
LICENSURE: Denise Smith is a Certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. A Nutritional Therapy Practitioner is trained by the Nutritional Therapy Association Inc., which provides a certificate of completion to students who have successfully met all course requirements, including a written and practical exam. A license to practice Nutritional Therapy is not required in the state of California.
A Nutritional Therapy Practitioner is an adjunct to a licensed medical professional and to you, by offering education in diet, behavior, and lifestyle modification. Denise Smith also has a particular interest in sharing information related to toxicity and the environment, which may be interwoven with information shared on nutrition.
As a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Denise Smith is trained to evaluate your nutritional needs and make a recommendations of dietary changes and nutritional supplements. Denise Smith is not trained to provide medical diagnoses or medical treatment, and no comment or recommendation should be construed as being a medical diagnosis or medical treatment. Since every human being is unique, there is no guarantee of any specific result from the programs, education, or nutrition consulting Denise Smith offers.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links presented in materials, online, or in social media may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, Denise Smith may receive an affiliate commission. Rest assured that Denise Smith does not endorse all products as affiliated products. Only products that she uses and believes to be of great value to participants will be endorsed. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
PARTICIPANT AGREES TO:
- go to the class location set by the instructor for weekly meetings, whether these be online or in-person. If participating in an online class, you will need access to a computer and the internet. An alternative telephone number will be given to online participants who cannot access the computer.
- attend weekly meetings with other group members for 5 consecutive weeks. In the event that a meeting is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, that week’s meeting will be made up at the instructor’s discretion. The participant will be notified via email if a meeting is cancelled. If the participant is unable to attend a meeting, the participant shall ask the instructor for the materials. If after the first session, participant requests a refund, $100 of the class fee will be refunded. Beyond the first session, refunds will not be issued. The cookbook issued to participants cannot be returned.
- pay the instructor on the execution of the Agreement the sum of $164.00 to be paid in full, unless otherwise stated with coupon code or special offer. Said sum shall be earned by the instructor upon payment unless the instructor fails or refuses to complete the required appointments with the participant, in which event, there shall be a pro-rata refund.
- consult with his or her physician as to the appropriateness of The RESTART® Program being undertaken by the participant. Class instruction does not take the place of medical advice and should not be construed as such.
- communicate. Every client is an individual, and it is not possible to determine in advance how your system will react to diet or the supplements you need. It is sometimes necessary to adjust your program as we proceed until your body can begin to properly accept products geared to correct an imbalance. It is your responsibility to do your part by using your nutrition guidelines, exercise your body, and mind sufficiently, to bring your emotions into a positive balance, eat a proper diet, get plenty of rest and learn about nutrition. It is very important that you stay in contact with Denise Smith to determine the best course of action, as you make shifts to your body.
The participant hereby, on behalf of the participant, his or her family, heirs, assigns, successors, and legal representatives, expressly releases and discharges the owner/creator, its agents, employees, successors and assigns, and instructor of this program from the liability in connection with The RESTART® Program and Denise Smith, or from any cause whatsoever, including negligence, and the participant expressly assumes any and all risk in connection with The RESTART® Program and instruction Denise Smith offers. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and this Agreement may not be terminated or modified except in writing. This Agreement shall be interpreted by, construed according to and enforced according to the laws of the State of California. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors, heirs, and assigns.
Denise Smith provides that such health information is merely information. If users need medical advice, they should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional. Provided information should never be a substitute for a doctor's care. This disclaimer also provides that no warranties are given in relation to the information supplied here. Information shared is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease.
Always consult your doctor for medical advice and to determine the appropriateness of this program as it pertains to your own individual health scenario. It is participant's responsibility to notify Denise Smith of any health conditions prior to beginning RESTART® Program.
NO GUARANTEES: Nutrition and the holistic healing arts are not an exact science. There are no guarantees as to accuracy or outcomes of any protocol.
You should request your other healthcare provider(s), if any, to feel free to contact Denise Smith for any answers they may have regarding The RESTART® Program, or services Denise Smith provides.
By your agreement, you confirm that you have read and fully understand the above disclaimer and are in complete agreement thereto and do freely and without duress, give your consent to all terms contained herein.
Denise Smith assumes no responsibility or liability for personal injuries/problems incurred by the participant either during classes, or personal coaching, or while executing their nutritional program.